Saturday, January 03, 2004

Jan 2004 - Finnväv

I first read about this pickup double-weaving called Finnväv (or Finnweave) in an old Handicrafter issue article written by Mary M. Atwater (Vol VI, No I, Part II).

I probably had to read it at least 10 times to understand how it works. I won't explain it here but may write about it later.

To operate each shaft independantly, I had to convert my loom once again but this time into a counterbalanced. This picture shows the top roller holders, the roll itself (an old curtain wooden rod) and the horses I made. I recycle whenever I can.





I don't think I could built all of these devices without this old friend found through the local ads ;-)



















Bonnie is our inspector on duty today!











And I now have a place to keep my shuttles.

No comments:

Followers