Monday, November 03, 2003

Nov 2003 - Mom's towels

I took this huck pattern from the May/June 2003 Handwoven issue. I think Mom said she wanted pink in her dishtowels but I'm not sure. I wish she had asked for another colour, pink is definitely not my favourite. The taupe stripes seem to attenuate it a bit at least.





Too late for changing my mind, the warp is ready to be put on the loom.











I find threading much easier with string heddles as it doesn't require the use of a hook like with metal heddles, just my fingers.







The idea for the "template" comes from Sara Von Tresckow's web site.








A complete view.










The nice border stitching pattern is made by weaving in a metal rod, which will be removed later.







Once the rod removed, threads are hemstitched in groups making pretty openings. And I still don't like the pink ;-)








No more warp, I'm done with the weaving!







The usual quality inspection. Approved!








The final hemstitching operation.








The final product! Done with my this Christmas gift.

No comments:

Followers